It looks like you are using Ad Blocking software.
Ads are an important part of what allows this and other sites within the SWTORTools network to continue to run and grow.
I also don't like ads. I use an ad blocker on sites that show full screen ads or ads that may harm my computer. However when there is a site that I want to support, I will either allow ads or donate to them, as long as they don't hurt that trust.
I will never block you from the site or worsen your experience for using an ad blocker. But I do encourage you to either allow ads for my domains, or if you really don't want ads, please consider supporting my work in another way. For example, you can make a donation at SWTORTools Support.
SWTORData was made because I saw a need for a game I love and continue to play.
My goal with SWTORData is to build unique tools and features for the Star Wars: The Old Republic community.
Features like: an API for developers, tracking conquest and Dark vs Light scores*.
Working with the community
We all should want a strong community for SWTOR.
A community where fan sites work together instead of critizing or attacking other members of the community. No single can site should try to do everything, instead we all have our strengths and weaknesses.
I have actively worked with members of the community (both new and established) all with the goal of creating a better community and good resources for players.
API for developers
One of the first things I added after launching SWTORData was an API.
I knew it was important to create a resource that others could use to build the services they want to use.
This has made it so these creators can focus on what they want to create, instead of the requirement of trying to build an API.
This also put a focus on the fact that SWTORData will never and should never be the one stop spot for everything.
Links to other fansites
I worked with other fansites to make it so links to their sites are part of SWTORData.
When users search their links come up, and when relevant their links are pages for specific Items.
SWTORData has changed a lot over the the last several years. Here are some of the key things that have happened in the history of SWTORData
- September 2, 2014 -- Launched SWTORConquest. First thing I created for the community.
- September 23, 2014 -- Kickstarter to redesign SWTORConquest launched. Funded $1,396, had a $700 goal (USD).
- December 13, 2014 -- Kickstarter funded redesign of SWTORConquest goes live
- November 10, 2014 -- Launched SWTOREvent to track in game events
- December 21, 2014 -- Launched SWTORCartel to track the Cartel Market
- March 16, 2015 -- Major redesign of SWTORCartel (before merge to SWTORData)
- May 21, 2015 -- First public API for SWTORData is live
- September 24, 2015 -- Several new categories added to SWTORData
- May 5, 2016 -- Cartel and Events merged into SWTORData
- July 6, 2016 -- SWTORData added links to third party sites
- November 30, 2016 -- Launched Dark VS Light tracking and a new scanner rebuilt from the ground up
- December 18, 2016 -- Launched Server Status tracking and took over for torstatus.net
- February 13, 2017 -- Launched CXP Bonus tracking
*at the time this was written, to the best of my knowledge no one else had this feature or abilityGears filled icon credits