It looks like you are using Ad Blocking software.
Ads are an important part of what allows this and other sites within the SWTORTools network to continue to run and grow.
I also don't like ads. I use an ad blocker on sites that show full screen ads or ads that may harm my computer. However when there is a site that I want to support, I will either allow ads or donate to them, as long as they don't hurt that trust.
I will never block you from the site or worsen your experience for using an ad blocker. But I do encourage you to either allow ads for my domains, or if you really don't want ads, please consider supporting my work in another way. For example, you can make a donation at SWTORTools Support.
About Interesting Notes
Interesting notes is a feature that is currently exclusive to the reddit posts.
Interesting notes is automatically generated when posted to reddit. I wanted to build a way to draw attention to changes worth note.
The system will go through every change that happened, and build a list of notable changes based on critera I set. Every item in this list is given a "weight" to signifiy its importance. This weight is based on what type of change happened as well as data about the change. This weight is meant to bring up the more important events to the top. When I see this live I will make tweaks to how this works.
Once it calculates all of these (sometimes multiple for the same change), it will grab the top ones based on weight and post them to reddit. I do plan on eventually bringing this feature to the website, but it needs more tweaks before that part is ready.
- An item that went down in price, and is at its lowest price for the first time will get a base weight assigned
- Then it will modify that weight by taking into account percent off
- Finally it will take into account how many CC off it is
- This way if there are 2 items that are 50% off, but one is 1000CC off but the other is only 200CC off, the one with 1000CC off will be ranked higher.
Another Weighted Example:
- If an item that was previously unavailable comes back it is added to the list regardless of how long
- Due to this, this starts with the lowest base weight of anything else
- The weight is very exponentially brought up based on how long it has been off of the Cartel Market
- Basically the longer an item has been off the market, the more aggressisively the Weight will be increased
Current Weight Breakdown (Higher the number, the higher chance it will show up in the list):
|Type||Base Weight||Positive Modifiers||Negative Modifiers||Notes|
|First time an item has been on sale||6.0||
||I felt like an item being on sale for the first time was one of the more notable changes|
|At its lowest price again (2nd or more time)||5.0||
||I felt like a new low price was very close to relevance for first time being on sale|
|New Low Price (for first time)||3.0||
||I felt that if something keeps showing up at the same low price that it is interesting, but it gets less and less interesting the more often it happens.|
|Back on the market||1.0||
This is the hardest weight to figure out. I wanted to be able to build it so every item returning would show up but would only grow to the top if it had been gone long enough. But also wanted it be an exponential increase. Since being off the market for 2 years should not just be considered twice as important as an item that has been off the market for 1 year.
Some example weights (rounded):
At some point I may put a minimum weight required, but I don't think I am ready for that yet.